Advent Retreat: You Have Found Favor with God
“But the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.’” Luke 1:30
Just as God found favor with Mary, he has found favor with each of us. You have found favor with God. These were the words that the angel Gabriel spoke to Mary.
Perhaps Mary’s first response was fear or anxiety. A visit by an angel of the Lord probably wasn’t what she was expecting that day! And yet Mary said YES. She said yes to God’s command. God’s grace overshadowed her fears and she said YES. Perhaps God knew what was in Mary’s heart and knew that her heart was prepared to receive the gift He was giving her and the rest of the world.
What stops us from saying yes to God? Could it be our own inadequacies, anxieties or our fears? How do we trust and say yes to God as Mary did?
This Advent, join us in learning how sitting in silence and listening for God can help transform your fears and create an open, receptive heart. The Lord is coming, is your heart ready to receive?
The following topics and experiences are included:
1. You will learn and experience two Christian meditation practices.
2. Through examining Mary’s fears, you will have the opportunity to examine your own fears.
3. You will learn how meditation changes the wiring in your brain.
4. You will experience a safe environment to share with others.
Former participants reported:
· As a result of this program, I am more open to facing my fears and turning them over to God.
· This was an outstanding day and I am so happy I attended!
· This was an excellent program. Hearing from others’ experiences was also enlightening.
· Surely today was a divine appointment for me. Thank you for being faithful to your call and for planting the seeds that I know will grow up in the glory of our Father in Heaven.
· What was most helpful was the practical tools that were presented and explained that I can take with me & use to enhance my spiritual practice, Thank you!
The pacing and the presenters were the most helpful. Time to practice prayer practices – time given to reflection & meditation. Wisdom knowledge on re-wiring the brain through meditation. Atmosphere, peace and stillness throughout the entire day. Valuable resource table