"Put away from you all bitterness and wrath and anger and wrangling and slander, together with all malice and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:31-32
During this Lenten retreat you are invited to let go. To let go of any ill feelings that keep you from connecting with God and all of God's people. This is an invitation to practice forgiveness just as Christ forgave from the cross.
As you probably already know, letting go of hurt, anger, resentment and other ill feelings is NOT easy. We can say it out loud many times, I forgive you, I forgive you, I forgive you, but do we feel it from our heart?
How do we change a "hardened heart?" We do not, God does. We show up, we set our intention and God does the work in us. It doesn't happen overnight. Learning to forgive is something we practice every day. It is a choice that we make every morning we get up.
1. You will learn and experience two Christian meditation practices.
2. You will discover how meditation changes the wiring in our brains.
3. You will explore the nature of forgiveness and how it can affect us every day.
4. You will experience a safe environment to share with others.
Former participants reported:
- I wish everyday could be as cleansing as today!
- I learned that forgiveness must be part of my daily practice.
- This program made me more conscious of taking in God's wisdom and presence.
- What was most helpful was the spiritual joy and confidence of the presenters.
- Thank you so much for helping me better my relationship with God....and others.
- I enjoyed learning how focusing on scripture helped me listen for God (through lectio divina)